Sunday, August 16, 2015

358. Lewisville Public Library, Lewisville, MN

I could really use my pictures now, to supplement my notes! When I have the pictures, I may write more here, so if you're a Lewisville fan, please check back in a few days.

As I entered, I saw a notice about an upcoming Battle of the Books, a trivia contest for teens based on four books. Sounds like an excellent idea, and I hope it goes (went) well.

Inside, I was drawn to a portrait of Mary Ellen Lewis, Patroness of the Lewisville Library, dedicated 12/17/1994. I have to guess, and should have asked: Was she a descendent of the founder of the town? Please, someone, add an enlightening comment!

The kids area has a sign exhorting them to "Be a hero...Read!  Pow!  Zap!" 

I made note of the Little Tykes computer, three computers for adults, and YA fiction, then my notes end. I think that's when I started chatting with the librarian! [I can walk and chew gum at the same time, but chatting and note-taking at the same time, well, that's beyond me!]

For more about Lewisville and other Watonwan County libraries, go to http://www.co.watonwan.mn.us/index.aspx?NID=177.

8/14/2015

Yes, that's my finger on the lower left. Not yet accustomed to where the lens is on my phone.

Be a Hero--Zap! Pow! Read!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever find anything out about Mary Ellen Lewis? I don't suppose you took a picture of her portrait? My high school librarian in Owatonna, MN was a Mary Ellen Lewis. I've done a little searching and I believe she maybe the patroness you're referring to. She died 23 Oct 1995 (b 1906 in Lewisville) in Watonwan County. I volunteered in the HS library during school years, worked for her for 4 summers while in college, and ended up being a librarian. At least I think this is her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Ginny, I visited this library almost 6 years ago. I have no more information than you see in the post. But I'm pleased that you have been looking at the blog, and that you commented!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.